Tameta Muthia Nu Shaak ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 297 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40014 times
If you want to prepare a vegetable side-dish that is as easy as easy can be, this is the perfect choice for you! select nice and ripe tomatoes to ensure the success of your tamata muthia nu shaak. Also, if the sharp taste of methi is not liked by your family, you can even make muthias of bottle gourd or leftover rice, with lots of coriander. This recipe also offers you the variation of steaming your muthias instead of deep-frying them the traditional way.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger, curry leaves and asafoetida and sauté on a slow flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, sugar, salt and ¾ cup of water and mix well.
- Cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, add the palak methi na muthias, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for another minute.
- Serve immediately with rotlis.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.