Tamater ki Kadhi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4846 times
A simple tomato based curry
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and cook them with ½ cup of water for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cool and blend in a food processor to a get a smooth purée. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the green chillies, curry leaves, cloves and besan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, red chilli powder, asafoetida and puréed tomatoes with 2 cups of water and cook on a medium flame, stirring continuously.
- When the kadhi comes to a boil, add the jaggery and salt and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the fire.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rice.
Nutrient values per
|Vitamin A||454.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||23.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||34.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.