Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2985 times
Tamater pulav is a nice variation to the traditional spicy and savory pulao recipe. A delectable mix of tomato puree with dried fruits, whole spices, and onion-ginger paste, cooked together with aromatic rice. A colorful spicy pulav recipe.
- Wash the rice and soak for ½ hour. then cut the onions.
- Add ghee in a pan. to this add the whole garam masala (cardamom, cloves, cinnamon), jeera and onions. saute till onions are slightly brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes, red chili powder, salt and tomato puree.
- After it cooks a little then add tomato juice and add some water then add the soaked rice.
- After it comes to a boil, reduce the flame and cook till rice is done.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sonia_thamman on 09 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.