Tamatar ki Karhi
This recipe has been viewed 1835 times
Tamatar ki kadhi is a spicy and tangy kadhi recipe using tomatoes. The hing, curry leaves and mustard seeds add to the flavour of this tempting tomato kadhi recipe which is best devoured with steamed rice.
Add your private note
Tamatar ki Karhi recipe - How to make Tamatar ki Karhi
Preparation Time: 10 MINS. Cooking Time: 30 MINS. Total Time:
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and cook them with 1/2 cup of water for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cool and liquidize in a food processor to a get a smooth puree. keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds. when they crackle, add the green chilli, curry leaves, cloves and gram flour and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, chilli powder, asafoetida and pureed tomatoes with 2 cups of water and cook on a medium flame, stirring continuously.
- When the kadhi comes to a boil, add the jaggery and salt and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the fire.
- Garnish with the coriander and serve hot with rice.
This recipe was contributed by azamikram on 17 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.