Tamatar ki Kadhi ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7995 times
Does kadhi always have to be curd-based? not really. Experiment with this tamatar ki kadhi. The tanginess of tomatoes replaces the flavour of curds quite smoothly in this smart variant.
- Combine the tomatoes and ½ cup of water in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 8 minutes.
- Cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. Keep aside.
- Put the oil in another microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the green chillies, curry leaves, cloves and besan, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once in between after 1 minute.
- Add the prepared tomato purée, turmeric powder, chilli powder, asafoetida, jaggery, salt and 2 cups of water, mix well and microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring in between after every 1 minute.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||354.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||21.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||38.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.