Tamarind Chutney, Saunth Chutney, Sonth Chutney
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 168869 times
A step by step procedure to prepare the authentic sweet and tangy Tamarind Chutney with soaked tamarind or imli blended with salt, sugar and spices.
Use the tamarind chutney as dip, topping over chaats, Accompaniments or even bread spread.
- Add water(2 cups)to tamarind
- And bring to boil for 10 min.
- Strain it with soup strain.
- Add roasted cummin powder,
- Black salt,dry ginger powder,
- Red chilli powder,garam masala
- Jaggery and salt.
- Bring it back to flame for about 10 minutes again,untill
- The jaggery melts completely.
- Make the chutney a little thin
- Because,it thickens on cooling.
This recipe was contributed by neerajadivakar on 17 Dec 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.