Tagine, Veg Moroccan Tagine with Broken Wheat
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 53 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8086 times
Broken wheat is a very versatile ingredient, which can be used to make dishes ranging from upma to salads. Tasty treats like Broken Wheat Upma and Broken Wheat Salad with Chick Peas and Roasted Pepper prove this fact.
Here is yet another recipe to add to your broken wheat cookbook! Tagine is a famous North African dish in which broken wheat is cooked along with spices, veggies, and other ingredients. While Tagine is traditionally cooked in a special cone-shaped clay pot, here we show you how to make a marvelous but easy Tagine using a simple non-stick pan.
This sumptuous dish combines broken wheat with a range of healthy veggies, and is flavoured zestfully with spice powders like garam masala. Serve the Tagine hot and fresh.
- Soak the broken wheat in enough hot water in a deep bowl and cover and keep aside for 30 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat the oil a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the carrot, zucchini, capsicum and tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add ½ cup of water, mix well cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the soaked broken wheat, coriander powder, cumin seeds powder, garam masala, salt , pepper and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||334 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2 mg|
|Vitamin C||31 mg|
|Folic Acid||10.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.