Swiss Roll By mariyamasif
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2355 times
A Swiss roll or jelly roll is an awesome dessert recipe with sponge cake rolls filled with jelly in the middle. The swiss roll is simple and popular dessert recipe, especially among the children.
- Beat 3 egg whites(with egg beater or without elcetric beater) for 5 minutes till it is smooth,fluffy & can stay upside down without falling down.
- Add the vanilla essence & icing sugar & beat the mixture.
- At last add flour to which baking powder is added & beat the batter a little.
- Pour the batter in a grease rectangle tray( greased with ghee & then flour).
- Bake it for 10-15 mins till the topmost portion of the cake is cooked(check with finger).
- Let it cool down.
- Mix icing sugar,cocoa powder in cream & beat it thick.
- Spread a newspaper and sprinkle little icing sugar on top of the cake.
- Spead this cream (like jam )on the thin layer of cake and roll the cake in a newspaper.
- Cut it into round slices to have a delicious dessert cum snack.
This recipe was contributed by mariyamasif on 19 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.