Sweet kairi (raw mango) raita
This recipe has been viewed 5781 times
Tastes best with bisi bella bath & bitter gaurd porriyal and even with curd rice.
stays for 2 - 3 days.
Add your private note
Sweet kairi (raw mango) raita recipe - How to make Sweet kairi (raw mango) raita
Cooking Time: Total Time:
Raw Mango (peeled & grated) - 1 cup
Jaggery - 1/2 cup
Water - 1 tsp1 tsp oil1/2 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
Urad dhal (split black lentils) - 1/2 tsp
Small Onions (skin removed) - 10
Curry leaves - 10 - 12 leaves
Sugar - 2 Tbsp
Salt - 1/2 pinch
Red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cook raw mango in a vessel with water (water level should be little above the surface of the mango).
- Keep aside.
- Add 1tsp of water to the jaggery & melt it (dont allow it to boil).
- Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and urad dal. when the seeds crackle, add the onions.
- Saute till the onions are lightly browned.
- Add curry leaves & saute.
- Add mango, jaggery, salt, sugar & chilli powder. mix.
- Cook till the mixture thickens.
This recipe was contributed by Pintu.com on 04 Oct 2007
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.