Sweet coconut poha - janmashtami special
by Lakshmi Mani
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11483 times
1 cups of jaggery can be varied as 1 cup jaggery and ½ cup sugar
jaggery should be unsalted variety.
poha can be soaked in milk also. this gives a nice taste to poha
add 1 teaspoon of ghee at the end for flavour
Add your private note
Sweet coconut poha - janmashtami special recipe - How to make Sweet coconut poha - janmashtami special
Cooking Time: Total Time:
Poha- 2 Cups
Jaggery/Gud-1.5 Cup (broken in to small pieces)
Freshly Grated coconut-1.5 Cup
Ghee- 2 Tablespoon
Saffron- Few strands
Milk – to dissolve saffron
Cardamom powder- a pinch.
- Clean and wash poha thoroughly
- Soak poha in enough water to cover for 25-30 minutes. drain and leave in the stainer and keep aside.
- In a deep pan heat ghee and fry the cashewnuts.
- To this add coconut, jaggery, saffron and cardamom powder.
- Keep mixing till all the jaggery gets melted and the mixture turns golden brown.
- Now simmer the stove and add the pre-soaked poha
- Mix thoroughly and keep it for 5 minutes and then remove the pan from heat.
- Sweet coconut poha is ready.
This recipe was contributed by Lakshmi Mani on 12 Jun 2009
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.