Sweet and Tangy Kairi Sambhar
This recipe has been viewed 4917 times
Sambhar made using raw mangoes to give a tangy and sour flavour!!!
- Heat a little water in a pressure cooker and cook the mangoes for one whistle.
- Allow the stream to escape before opening the lid and mash the mangoes lightly, adding a little water.
- In the same pressure cooker, add both the dals, add the turmeric and cook for 2 to3 whistles. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- Combine the drumsticks and green peas in a deep pan and cook on a medium flame will half done.
- Add the salt, green chillies, crushed ginger and the raw mango pulp, mix well and let it boil for 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked dal and jaggery and mix well. Cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the prepared powder to the sambhar and mix well and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and asafoetida and mix well.
- Pour this tempering over the sambhar and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by sumatir on 07 Mar 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.