Sweet and Sour Vegetable Stew, Microwave Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 141 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10526 times
An amazing array of veggies is cooked with whole spices, onions and tomatoes to get a tasty vegetable stew. Some apple and pineapple cubes are thrown into the stew to get a sweet and tangy touch, while a mixture of cornflour and water is used along with tomato ketchup to thicken the Sweet and Sour Vegetable Stew into a luscious consistency.
This stew is cooked in the microwave oven, to make it easy and convenient, and also to retain the full flavour and colour of the veggies. You can also try other microwave recipes like Mushroom Mutter Makhani and Mixed Vegetables in Coconu -Gravy, which are equally appealing.
- Combine the cornflour and ¼ cup of water in small bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the french beans, carrot, cauliflower, potatoes, green peas and ½ cup of water in a shallow microwave safe dish and microwave on high for 10 minutes. Keep aside.
- Put the ghee in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Add the onions, cloves and cinnamon and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked vegetables and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, apples and pineapple, cornflour-water mixture, tomato ketchup, chilli powder and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 5 minutes, while stirring twice in between.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||222.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||26.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||19.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.