Sweet and Sour Vegetable Stew
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 51 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13077 times
Here is a dashing vegetable stew that will make any meal seem super exciting! An assortment of colourful and juicy veggies like beans, carrots, cauliflower and beans is cooked with whole spices and tomato ketchup to make a tangy and aromatic stew.
The highlight of this recipe, however, is the addition of pineapple! When you bite into the sweet, tangy and juicy tidbits of pineapple along with the other veggies, it helps to highlight the tangy and spicy notes better, and also gives your taste buds a refreshing jolt!
Enjoy the Sweet and Sour Vegetable Stew with rotis , dosas , appam or rice .
- Combine the cornflour and ¼ cup of water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 4 minutes.
- Add the cloves and cinnamon and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add all the vegetables, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, tomato ketchup and salt along with 2 cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture and pineapple, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||308.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||23.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||29.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.