Sweet and Sour Soy Beans
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5232 times
Sweet and sour soy beans presnts a sweet and sour combiantion of soya beans woth pineapples, tomatoes and seasonings.Enjoy as a protein rich snack or a side dish with breads of choice.
Add your private note
Sweet and Sour Soy Beans recipe - How to make Sweet and Sour Soy Beans
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons dry sherry
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup wine vinegar
1/3 cup vegetable stock
2 tablespoons salad oil
1 large onion, cut 1" squares
2 large carrots, cut 1/4" slice 1 clove fresh garlic (lehsun), crushed
1 green pepper (Seeded and cut into 1" squares) 3/4 cup pineapple cubes or canned pineapple chunks, drained
2 tomatoes, cut in wedges
2 1/2 cups soybeans, Cooked (3 to 3-1/2 hours cooking time after soaking)
- 1. prepare sweet-sour sauce and reserve.
- 2. sweet-sour sauce: in a bowl combine 1-1/2 t. each cornstarch, soy sauce, and dry sherry; 1/2 cup each brown sugar and wine vinegar; and 1/3 cup vegetable stock.
- 3. saute the onions, carrots and garlic in the oil, and cook stirring for about 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 4. add green pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- 5. add pineapple, tomatoes, and soybeans and cook for 2 minutes or until hot.
- 6. stir sweet-sour sauce, pour into pan, and continue to cook, stirring, until sauce bubbles and thickens.
This recipe was contributed by usmishra on 26 Sep 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.