Sweet and Sour Potatoes
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2472 times
- Wash the small potatoes and pressure cook them till done. cool and peel the potatoes and prick them with a fork.
- Deseed the dates and soak them in luke warm water for 15 mins and make a paste and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add mustard seed, when it crackles add cumin seeds and fennel seeds, cardamom and clove. sauté for 1 min.
- Add the cumin powder, coriander powder, and garam masala powder and mix well on low flame, till it gives out the aroma.
- Add the prepared dates paste, turmeric powder, boiled small potatoes, and salt to taste and mix well.
- Add the low fat curd and add a little water if required, close the pan and allow the potatoes to cook for 5 mins and absorb the gravy.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or rotis.
This recipe was contributed by ushaparasuram on 26 Oct 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.