Sweet and Sour Orange Pachadi
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7489 times
Sweet and sour orange pachadi is truly an amazing chutney or achaar recipe with tangy kamala oranges combined with tamarind pulp and spice powders.
- Peel the oranges, deseed and chop into big pieces. Keep aside.
- Preserve the skin and scrape the white portion to remove the bitterness and chop the remaining portion into small pieces. Keep aside.
- Combine the tamarind pulp with 1 cup of water, add salt and turmeric, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the orange skin and saute till the skin starts shrinking.
- Add the tamarind water and boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped fruit pieces, asafoetida and methi powder, mix well and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the honey, mix well and cook till the mixture becomes thick and smooth.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
This recipe was contributed by chitvish on 26 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.