Sweet and Sour Bajra Dhokli
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6692 times
Bajra Dhokli cooked in sweet and sour dal. its very tasty.
- Wash all dals, soak in water and keep aside for 1 hour Boil dals with salt ,8 cups of water and turmeric powder in pressure cooker
- Mix flours and all other ingredients.
- Add very little water gradually making a stiff dough. Take a lump of dough, shape into a thin cylinder.
- Take one portion from dough about the size of an almond. Roll each into a round, press in palm and make a depression with thumb.
- Repeat for all the remaining dough.
- While making dhoklis, Open cooker for the cooked dal. Put dal to boil. Scatter in all dhoklis, one by one.
- Stir so that they have not stuck in lumps. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add more water if too thick. Add all dry masalas of dal, except clove cinnamon powder, asafoetida and garam masala.
- Add tamarind pulp,jaggery and peanuts
- In a small saucepan, heat ghee, add cumin and mustard seeds, allow to splutter. Add green chili, curry leaves, asafoetida and 2-3 pinches red chili powder
- Add clove cinnamon powder and add spluttering seasoning to boiling dhokli.
- Add garam masala, and coriander leaves , stir and check taste for spices and salt.
- Simmer till liquid is of thick dal consistency
- Serve piping hot with ghee.
- Handy Tip: Press a dhokli between fingers; it should break easily, to be done. Also dal should be thoroughly cooked.)
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
This recipe was contributed by suman_001 on 10 Dec 2010
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.