Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2358 times
Khumb or mushroom recipe with fresh cilantro or hara dhania makes for a tasty flavorsome vegetable dish. Kumbh hara dhania is a tempting quick recipe with mushrooms, indian spice powders and green coriander leaves.
- Clean, wash and pressure cook the toovar dal in two cups water.
- Cool, drain and keep aside the top water of dal.
- Remove two tbsp of the cooked dal and keep aside.
- Whisk the remaining dal with a hand whipper, adding the preserved dal water. Keep aside.
- Combine the coriander powder, garam masala, chilli powder, turmeric powder and 1/4 cup of water, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for few seconds.
- Add the asafoetida, mint, masala paste and saute for a minute.
- Add jaggery and tamarind water and mix well.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and add the whisked dal.
- Mix well and boil for 6-7 minutes.
- Serve hot topped with 1 tbsp thick dal and garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by sonalib on 01 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.