This recipe has been viewed 19462 times
A vermicelli sweet made on the occasion of eid.
- Take a flat pan and dry roast the vermicelli for about 5 minutes.
- Add the ghee and saute till it gets a nice golden colour.
- Take off the stove.
- Spoon the vermicelli out leaving the ghee in the pan.
- In this pan fry the raisins and the broken pieces of cashew nut one after the other.
- Heat 1 cup water in another pan and add the roasted vermicelli to cook.
- Cook the vermicelli till 3/4th done and the water is absorbed.
- Add the milk and the malai to the vermicelli and continue cooking.
- Once this mix has thickened check if the vermicelli is cooked completely.
- Then add the sugar and mix well till completely mixed then add the fried cashew nuts and raisins.
- Add the saffron syrup and mix well.
- Sprinkle the saffron and badam slivers on top and take off the stove.
- The seviyan is ready to serve.
This recipe was contributed by preeti_easwar on 12 Aug 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.