Sweet Rice Pottu
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5472 times
This is a traditional sweet made during navrathri time in Tamil nadu.
- Dry roast the rice flour well until it turns into besan color. cool it and seive.
- Take 2cups of water in a vessel,to it add pinch of turmeric and salt boil well, until the bubble comes. completely cool it. this can be prepared a day earlier.
- Take a bowl, add the roasted rice flour to it sprinkle the boiled cool water little by little,the flour should look lie besan laddu(i.e) when u hold in your palm it should make a ball and when u open your palm it should break. again seive the flour.
- Spread it in a white cloth and cook in the pressure pan without whistle for 5mts. take it out and immediately spread it with hand , so that no lumps are formed.cool it.
- Make jagerry syrup 2string consistency add the cashews and elachi turn off the gas. to this add the cooked rice flour and keep on stiring until the syrup becomes cool.
- Fry the coconut in the ghee till brown and mix to the sweet rice flour mix. serve.
- The sweet rice pottu should look powdery after making without any lumps.
This recipe was contributed by savi_ram on 26 Feb 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.