Sweet Potatoe Halwa
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3442 times
Pamper your sweet buds with the sweet potato halwae made from boiled and mashed sweet potatoes or shakarkand. Add chopped nuts and elaichi powder to flavour to the delicious sweet dish.
- Scrub sweet potatoes well under running water, peel of the skin and grate them.
- Chop cashewnuts. blanch almonds in half a cup of hot water for five minutes. drain, peel and chop into slivers. keep them aside.
- Heat ghee in a skillet and sauté grated potato. when well sautéed reduce heat and let it cook for ten to fifteen minutes, stirring occasionally, till potatoes are cooked.
- Mix in the sugar and cardamom powder and cook on a low heat for five to seven minutes.
- Serve warm garnished with chopped cashewnuts and almond slivers.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.