Sweet Potato Khichadi
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10900 times
Sweet potato khichadi is truly an unique khichadi or mixture recipe with the skinned and grated sweet potatoes cooked with salt and seasonings. Enjoy the sweet potato or shakarkand khichadi hot as a farali meal or breakfast item.
- Heat 2 tbsp. ghee in a non- stick wok. add cumin seeds and allow them to splutter. add red chillies.
- Add grated sweet potatoes, salt mix properly and cover with lid.
- Let it cook for 6-7 mins.on medium flame stirring once in between.
- When sweet potatoes are done(test by pressing between fingers), add 1 tbsp. ghee and coaresely grounded peanuts.
- Cook for 2-3 more mins. stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. add lemon juice.
- Serve with curd.
This recipe was contributed by shalgeeta on 31 Mar 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.