Sweet Potato Halwa By ayeshatalat
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8910 times
The creatively designed sweet potato ka halwa is a lovely variation to the traditional Indian sweet dish called halwa. The sweet potato halwa is prepared from boiled and mashed sweet potatoes, sugar, ghee and spices like cardamom.
- Wash the sweet potatoes;
- Roast the sweet potatoes on atava;
- Steam cook the sweet potatoes in a covered pan till they become tender;
- Mash the sweet potatoes when cooled;
- Boil the milk till it becomes thick and approximately half the quantity;
- Make the sugar syrup in a separate pan;
- Heat the dalda ghee in a separate pan and roast the cardamoms in it;
- Add the mashed sweet potatoes in the ghee;--stir fry for a few minutes;
- Now add the boiled milk to the sweet potatoe mixture;
- When this mixture gets thick add the sugar syrup to it;
- Cook on medium heat with the lid on the pan;
- When the halwa is ready spread it out on a greased tray evenly;
- Cut into equal pieces;
- Garnish with raisins onthe top--serve attractively
This recipe was contributed by ayeshatalat on 18 Oct 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.