Sweet Potato Halwa ( Low Calorie Healthy Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34149 times
Sweet potato halwa is an all-time favourite traditional indian sweet that is an ideal accompaniment for any indian meal. Usually, it is laden with loads of ghee and that is the reason dieters steer clear of it. I’ve managed to make mouth-watering halwa minus the fat, but rich in fibre, potassium and calcium by using sweet potatoes! the calories are further lowered due to the usage of low-fat milk.
- Clean and wash sweet potatoes and pressure-cook for 3 to 4 whistles or microwave on high for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Peel and mash the sweet potatoes and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the mashed sweet potatoes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the milk, sugar substitute, cardamom powder and ½ cup of water and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes ensuring that the mixture has little liquid remaining and not completely dry.
- Add the saffron and nuts and mix well. Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.