Sweet Potato Cutlets with Tangy Fruity Sauce
by Drashti Dholakia
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1759 times
Sweet Potato Cutlets served with a fruit based sauce and topped up with masala peanuts to give it a crunchy bite.Enjoy your Fast with this tasty and filling dish.
- Wash sweet potatoes and potato, transfer them to pressure cooker and steam cook on a medium flame for 5 - 6 whistles.
- Let the pressure go down by itself and let them cool. Then remove the skin.
- Mash the sweet potatoes and potato.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add dry red chilli and cumin seeds. Once cumin seeds crackles, add grated ginger, chopped green chilli and mashed sweet potatoes and potato mixture.
- Then add cumin seeds powder, chaat masala, salt, chilli powder, roasted masala peanut, raisins and arrowroot flour/rajgare ka atta/singhare ka atta.
- Saute for 5 mins and remove from flame. Add lemon juice. Keep aside to cool.
- Once the mixture cools down, make round tikkis.
- In a broad non-stick tava (griddle), shallow fry the tikkis. Keep aside.
- In a oven proof bowl combine all the ingredients and bake in a pre-heated at 150°C (302°F) for 5 minutess.
- Pour orange juice in a pan. Once it starts boiling add fruits, red chilli powder, salt and sugar. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from flame. Keep aside.
- Place the cutlets in a plate, pour the sauce over it and top it up with masala peanuts.
- If you dont consume regular salt during fast, you can use rock salt.
This recipe was contributed by Drashti Dholakia on 31 Oct 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.