Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6562 times
Its a very tasty south Indian sweet which is traditionally prepared on pongal festival in Tamil nadu
- Dry roast moog dal to lite brown color.
- Fry in the ghee cashews, raisin and coconut pieces until golden color.
- Mix moog dal and rice, wash and clean and cook in pressure cooker with 3 cups of water for 4 whitsle.
- Take a thick broad vessel pour 2 cups of water and add jaggery to it. when the jagerry melts strain it and take the dirt out. again keep the jagerry syrup in the fire and make a 2 string consistency.
- Add the rice & dal mix & milk to the syrup and cook until it becomes thick.
- Finally add the remaining ghee and cashews, raisin and coconut with elachi mix well.
- Serve when it is cool.
This recipe was contributed by savi_ram on 26 Feb 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.