Sweet Pea and Ricotta Cupcakes
This recipe has been viewed 2157 times
Sure, we call them sweet peas, but most people don’t think of peas as a sweet.Prior to making my sweet pea and ricotta cupcakes, I’d never had peas in a dessert. Although these pea cupcakes feel like they belong at the farmers’ market in a stand next to the lady in faded jeans selling bib lettuce, these pea cupcakes are definitely a dessert.
Add your private note
Sweet Pea and Ricotta Cupcakes recipe - How to make Sweet Pea and Ricotta Cupcakes
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour1 tsp baking soda1 tsp dried basil , crumbled1/4 tsp salt1/2 cup white butter , room temperature1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup food processed (until as smooth as possible) sweet peas
(i used frozen and defrosted peas , but fresh peas would be
even better.)2 large eggs1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, basil, and salt.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and
- Add the peas, eggs, and ricotta cheese to the butter/sugar mixture
- and mix until fully combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little bit at a
- time, mixing until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly between 12 cupcake liners.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes or until cupcakes bounce back when lightly touched.
- Serve either hot or chilled.
This recipe was contributed by supriya006 on 24 Feb 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.