Sweet Faraali Pancakes ( Faraal Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28935 times
A delectable meal deserves a sweet finish. So, say goodbye to the dining table with these banana and coconut flavoured pancakes.
- Clean, wash and soak the sanwa millet and buckwheat separately in enough water for atleast 1 hour. Drain and keep aside.
- Blend the sanwa millet along with ¼ cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Blend the buckwheat by adding 2 tbsp of water in a mixer till smooth.
- Combine the samwa paste, buckwheat paste, coconut, jaggery, banana, rock salt and cardamom powder in a deep bowl and mix very well with your hands.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it with little ghee, pour a ladleful of the batter and spread it in a circular motion to make a 100 mm. (4") diameter thin pancake.
- Cook, using little ghee, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 12 more pancakes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per pancake
|Vitamin A||8.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.