Sweet Date Chutney
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4431 times
Sweet date chutney is a great tasting accompaniment or dip recipe with dates crushed and then blended with sugar, jaggery and spice powders.
- Place dates in a medium saucepan and cover with water.
- Cook until soft and tender, about 25 minutes or cook dates for 15 minutes in a pressure cooker.
- Set cooked dates aside to cool.
- Puree dates in small batches in a food processor or blender, adding a little water as needed to make a smooth paste.
- Melt tamarind and spices to pureed dates. stir well.
- Add more water as needed to make a thick sauce.
This recipe was contributed by shubaraj on 24 Jan 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.