Sweet Corn and Spinach Wrap ( Tiffin Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 127 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33236 times
The first thing that many moms do when their kids return from school is to open the snack box. Indeed, to see it empty is a very satisfying experience. Here is one such tiffin that is sure to be happily gobbled up by your kids. Leftover chapatis are put to good use here, by packing them with a sumptuous mixture of sweet corn, spinach and potatoes flavoured simply with green chilli paste. Eggless mayonnaise gives the required lubrication for your kids to eat the rolls easily, while lettuce adds a bit of crunch. The Sweet Corn and Spinach Wrap remains tasty for five hours when foil-packed, so you can comfortably send it to school.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape into an oblong shape.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it with oil, place the rolls on it and cook using oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Place a chapati on a clean dry surface and arrange ½ cup of lettuce in a row in the centre of the chapati.
- Place a roll on the lettuce, spread 1 tbsp of mayonnaise over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more wraps.
- Wrap in an aluminium foil or cling wrap and pack in a tiffin box.
Nutrient values per wrap
|Vitamin A||1135.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||11.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||25 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.