Sweet Corn Stuffed Puran Poli
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5014 times
This is a western version of Puran Poli in place of traditional Puran Poli made using dal as main ingredients. It's amazing in taste having flavour of Gulkand.
Add your private note
Sweet Corn Stuffed Puran Poli recipe - How to make Sweet Corn Stuffed Puran Poli
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hours 10 minutesMakes 4 to 5 puran polis
- Wash and mash the corn kernel, drain any excess water and keep aside.
- Heat the non-stick pan, add mashed corn kernel and saute for 1 – 2 minutes to burn excess water part.
- Add 1 tsp Ghee and 2 tbsp of Sugar, mix properly and keep this mixture aside for a while.
- Take 2 – 3 Fig, and make small pieces of it.
- Add 1/2 cup of milk into pieces, and mix properly to make milk – fig paste.
- Add this paste into mixture of Corn. Add 1 tbsp of Gulkand into this mixture
- Dissolve the saffron in a little milk by rubbing.
- Add the cardamom and dry fruit powder, saffron liquid into corn stuffing and mix well.
- Divided this mixture into 4 – 5 portions. Now, stuffing is ready and keep aside.
- Combine the flour and ghee, cream and knead into a soft dough using adequate water.
- Divide into 4 – 5 portions and keep aside.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a about 3" to 4” diameter circle.
- Place a portion of the filling mixture and fold the edges of the dough over the filling.
- Pinch the edges together to seal the filling in.
- Flatten the dough and roll again into a 4" to 5” diameter circle.
- Cook on a tava over a medium flame till golden brown in colour on both sides.
- Repeat for the remaining dough and filling.
- Smear with ghee and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by mpbadiani on 02 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.