Sweet Corn Soup ( Know Your Flours )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 45 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21631 times
Sweet corn soup, an indispensable item on every restaurant’s menu, sweet corn soup is a hot favourite with everybody. Enjoy this soup plain or with bread sticks or fresh bread rolls.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a deep panand bring to a boil.
- Lower the flame and simmer the stock for 20 to 25 minutes or till the vegetables release their flavour.
- Strain the stock and keep aside.
- Combine the vegetable stock and the sweet corn kernels in a deep pan.
- Cover and cook on a medium flame for approximately 10 minutes or till the corn is cooked.
- Add the grated corn, mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cornflour paste and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously. .
- Add the sugar and salt and mix well and cook for another minute.
- Pour in individual soup bowls and serve hot with chillies in vinegar, soya sauce and chilli sauce.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.