Sweet Corn Rotis
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 32 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25953 times
These Rotis are ideal for serving with Subzis... thanks to the mild flavours of sweet corn and cheese. Buy fresh sweet corn and boil them till they are just cooked, avoiding over-cooking as that will result in hard Rotis. Crushed sweet corn helps to bind the dough, so be careful not to add too much water. The best way is to gradually add water in small quantities as you knead the dough. Also do not keep the dough for a long time once kneaded as it can become soggy; make the Rotis immediately after 10 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead it into a semi-stiff dough using enough water as required. Keep aside for 10 minutes under a wet muslin cloth.
- Knead again using soya oil till smooth and divide it into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle using a little flour for rolling.
- Cook the roti on a tava (griddle) over a medium flame using soya oil till both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining dough to make 7 more rotis.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per thin roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.