Sweet Coconut Puff Pastries
by Madhu Parwani
This recipe has been viewed 710 times
It is baked desert. It is fusion desert. The filling consists of coconut and jaggery.
- Combine fresh dessicated coconut, jaggery, roasted sesame seeds and cardamom powder in a pan and mix well.
- Add water and cook on a low flame or medium flame, while stirring continuously, for 8 to 10 minutes or till the jaggery melts and water dries up and the mixture is cooked and dry. Keep it aside.
- Cut the butter into small cubes. Put it into a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Put it into the freezer for 1 hour.
- Mix all purpose flour, salt, sugar and butter. Mix gently. Add water and knead a dough.
- Dust a clean, flat surface with a little plain flour, place the dough on it and roll into a rectangular sheet.
- Fold it from four sides towards the centre. Cover it with plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for 6 times.
- After rolling 6th time keep it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- After an hour take out the dough and roll it into a rectangular sheet, cut it into squares.
- Put 1 tbsp of filling on it and fold it into a rectangular shape. Apply little bit of water for sealing the edges.
- Now keep these filled puffs into refrigerator for 10 minutes and then bake it at 200°c ( 400°f) for about 6 to 8 minutes or till it is done.
This recipe was contributed by Madhu Parwani on 19 Aug 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.