Sweet Dhal Paratha
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4566 times
A simple stuffed Paratha recipe with boiled dal as filling, Dal Paratha is tasty and also a complete meal in itself. Leftover dal can also be used to prepare dal paranthas and served with raita as breakfast or evening snack.
Add your private note
Sweet Dhal Paratha recipe - How to make Sweet Dhal Paratha
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Cook the chana dhal until soft in a pressure cooker with just enough water.do not add excess water.
- Let the dhal cool for a while ,then grind to a fine paste.
- Add the gur to a kadai with 1/2 cup water in it and let the gur come to a boil.
- Strain the gur mixture to remove any dirt present and bring to a boil again.boil the gur till till it becomes slightly syrupy.
- Add the chana dhal paste and mix well.keep stirring continuously for 5 mins.then add the fresh grated coconut and keep stirring till the mixture leaves the sides of the kadai.
- Add the ghee and elaichi powder and mix well.remove from heat and transfer it to a plate and let it cool.
- Knead the maida/atta with the oil and water to a smmoth soft dough.
- Keep it covered in a wet cloth for half an hour.
- Make small balls of the dough.
- Make small rotis and place 1 tbsp of the filling in the center.fold the ends of the roti to cover the filling and roll it out again,dusting a little flour on it,using a rolling pin .
- Heat a tawa,place the parathas on it and cook well on both sides applying a little ghee.
This recipe was contributed by hema1969 on 13 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.