Suva Paneer Dip ( Calcium Rich Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 45 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23828 times
Opt for this low-fat, high-calcium dip to accompany your snacks, to make the most of the nutrients while being nice to your waistline! The Suva Paneer Dip is also easy and quick to prepare. Curd and paneer are mixed well and dill leaves are added for a nice herby flavour. This aromatic dip tastes splendid with baked chips or whole wheat breadsticks.
- Combine the curds and salt in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Put the milk to boil in a deep non–stick pan.
- When it starts boiling, add the salted curds, dill leaves and green chillies and mix well.
- Remove from the flame and stir gently till the milk curdles. This would take approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Strain it using a strainer, discard the whey and keep the suva-paneer mixture aside to cool slightly.
- Add 2 tbsp of milk to the suva-paneer mixture and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Referigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve chilled with baked chips or whole wheat breadsticks.
- At step 4, if the milk does not curdle, then cook the mixture again for a minute.
- The whey remaining behind at step 5 can be used to make dal, soups or knead the chapatti dough.
Suva Paneer Dip (Calcium and Protein Rich) Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.