Suva Moong Dal ( Dals)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20797 times
Relish a delightfully new flavor by throwing in a fistful of dill leaves into pressure cooked moong dal. A tadka with spices and onions complement the dal-dill leaf flavors and make your mealtime zara hatke!
- Clean, wash and soak the dal in water for about 30 minutes. Drain.
- Add the turmeric powder, salt and 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Whisk well to mash the dal and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, garlic, green chillies, onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked dal, dill leaves, little salt and 1½ cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||71.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||14.7 mcg|
RECIPE SOURCE : Dals
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.