Suva Chawal Roti ( Weight Loss After Pregnancy )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19524 times
Suva chawal roti is a great source of vitamin a - combining with rice flour results into a mildly spiced, simple, oil-free variation of appas (rice bread). You needn’t worry about calories with this fat-free roti, best served with spicy vegetables. Remember to knead the dough when it is hot to avoid hardening.
- Put 1 cup of water to boil in a thick-bottom pan and add the salt and green chillies.
- Add the rice flour and dill leaves and mix thoroughly till no lumps remain, while stirring continuously.
- Cover it with a lid and keep aside for about 5 minutes.
- Knead into soft dough with a little water if required.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle, using little rice flour for rolling.
- Place the roti on a non-stick tava (griddle) and turn over in a few seconds.
- Cook on the other side for a few seconds.
- Lift the roti with a pair of flat tongs and roast over an open flame till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining portions to make 3 more rotis. Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.