5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 58835 times
A sweet and flaky dough garnished with pistachio. A yummy Indian dessert.
- Make 1-strand sugar syrup. let it cool completely for a few hours.
- Take the katafi out of the box (a little at a time) and cover it with a damp cloth or paper towel.
- Take a few strands at a time and twirl it into a small circle. you can arrange them on a tray and cover with a damp cloth.
- Heat the crisco. place the twirled katafi in a deep spoon with holes.
- Deep-fry for 30 seconds (please make sure that it does not turn brown in color).
- Remove the fried circles and stack them up in piles (it won’t get spoilt)
- Using your hand, take each circle and dip thoroughly in the sugar syrup.
- Hold it above the container for a minute and let it drain completely.
- Place them in the container that you are going to store it in.
- Sprinkle the pistachio powder over the sutarfeni.
This recipe was contributed by Kaity Desai on 30 Jul 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.