Surti Sev Khamani
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 192214 times
1.olive oil produces a nice crust and will not burn as quickly, but also doesn’t leave as rich a flavor
2. sev gets soggy if you let it sit for a while)
3. dish can be reheated in microwave or in pan. sprinkle little water and cover it while heating.
- Soak the chana dal for 3-4 hours in warm water.
- Drain the water and grind the chana dal coarse. make sure that the dal is not crushed very fine. add water if needed while grinding.
- Grind chillies, garlic, ginger and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in the non-stick pan, add cumin seeds, when sizzle add pinch of asafetida stir 2-3 seconds.
- Add grinded chana dal to the oil. sauté it on low-medium heat until the oil starts separating. (if dal is too dry you can add more oil while sauting)
- Add chilly ginger garlic paste to the pan and sauté it for 3-4 minutes until the flavor of raw garlic is subtle.
- Add salt, sugar and lemon juice per taste. mix well. take it off the heat and add sev
- Garnish with choped coriander/celentro leaves.
- Serve hot, sprinkle fine thin sev when serving. (sev gets soggy if you let it sit for a while)
This recipe was contributed by ccbavishi on 30 Sep 2018
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.