Surnali ( Sweet Dosa)
This recipe has been viewed 5429 times
This is a sweet and soft dosa, a speciality of konkan.
- Soak the rice and fenugreek seeds for 5-6 hours overnight. Soak the rice flakes and puffed rice till soft.
- Grind the soaked rice, fenugreek seeds,coconut and then the soaked rice flakes,puffed rice and jaggery.
- Mix everything, add salt, turmeric powder and ferment overnight.
- Heat a non-stick tava and grease it lightly with oil. When hot, pour a ladelful of the batter, spread using a circular motion to make a thin dosa and cook on one side.
- Pour a little oil along the edges while cooking. When crispy, fold over and serve hot.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with coconut chutney and sambhar.
This recipe was contributed by roopa_s on 12 Apr 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.