Suran Chana Dal Seekh Kebab ( Kebabs and Tikkis Recipes)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7527 times
Yam or suran combined with chana dal and a mélange of spices makes an interesting seekh kebab that tastes fantastic.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan, add the chana dal and sauté it till it is light pink in colour.
- Cool and grind the chana dal in a mixer to a powder. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of oil in another pan, add the onions, ginger, garlic and green chillies and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the yam and cook over a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of water, cover and cook till the yam is soft and all the moisture has evaporated.
- Cool, add the mint leaves and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste without using any water.
- Transfer this mixture to a bowl, add the chana dal powder, chaat masala, garam masala and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions and using a thick seekh (metal skewer), press each portion of the mixture on it with your fingers to make a 200 mm. (8") long kebab.
- Brush each kebab with a little oil and cook them over a charcoal or electric barbeque till they are evenly browned on all sides (approx. 3 to 4 minutes).
- Cut each kebab into 4 equal pieces and serve hot.
Nutrient values per piesce
|Vitamin A||164.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||16.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.