Super Easy Char Dal
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5313 times
A sweetened naan recipe, Sheermal is made from maida flour which has been leavened with yeast and then baked in a hot oven. Sheermal is a traditional Muslim flat bread recipe, common to Lucknowi or Pakistani cuisine.
Add your private note
Super Easy Char Dal recipe - How to make Super Easy Char Dal
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Wash and soak all the dals together for 10 mins in warm water.
- Add a pinch of salt and pressure cook the dals for 8 minutes.
- In a kadia, heat the ghee for 20 seconds and add the cumin seeds.
- When they start to crackle add the onions.
- When the onions are tender, add the dals and mix well.
- Add coriander powder, red chilli powder and turmeric powder and let it cook for 5 mins on a slow flame.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Serve in a bowl with a dollop of curd or sour cream while it is hot.
This recipe was contributed by purvikeyur on 25 Sep 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.