by Tarla Dalal
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8543 times
Stewed apple rings topped with freshly cooked rabdi and nuts. An immensely pleasing visual presentation.
- Dissolve the sugar in 1 cup of water and boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Warm the saffron in a small vessel, add a little water and rub until the saffron dissolves. Add to the syrup.
- Flavour with the rose water or kewda essence.
- Proceed as per the basic recipe.
- Add the fresh bread crumbs and thicken the rabdi.
- Cook the apple slices in the syrup for 1 minute, taking care to ensure they do not break.
- Place the apple slices on a serving dish and pour half the syrup over it.
- Spoon out some rabdi onto the centre of each apple ring.
- Pour some syrup over the rabdi and garnish with chopped pistachios and cardamom powder.
- Serve immediately.
- Use very firm apples as they tend to break while cooking.
- Handle them very gently using a slotted spoon.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.