Sundried Tomato Loaf
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 69 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15204 times
Here is a snazzy loaf that is packed with punch! With every bite, you lose yourself in the awesome flavour of sun-dried tomatoes, accentuated by the rich aroma and peppy taste of seasonings and herbs.
The Sundried Tomato Loaf is a winner in terms of texture too, as it is super soft and really melts in your mouth, especially when it is fresh out of the oven.
Slice it up and serve warm with soups and pastas , or dab a little butter on it and enjoy it with tea .
You might also want to indulge in other Italian recipes like the Italian Style Baby Potatoes and the Italian Sizzler .
- Combine the yeast, sugar and ¼ cup of warm water in a bowl and mix well. Cover it with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, salt and yeast-sugar mixture in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft and loose dough using enough warm water.
- Cover it with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside in a warm place to use for 45 minutes or till the dough is double in size.
- Deflate the dough by pressing it lightly with your fingers.
- Add the olive oil, sundried tomatoes, mixed herbs, chilli flakes and knead very well for at least 3 to 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the plain flour over a smooth, flat surface, place the dough over it and stretch the dough with your hands and make it into an oval shape.
- Roll the dough to make a 200 mm. (8”) long cylindrical roll and pinch the edge of the rolls so as to seal it properly.
- Place the dough in a greased bread loaf tin. Cover it with a damp muslin cloth and again keep aside in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes. Lower the temperature to 180°c (360°f) and bake it for 20 minutes. Cool slightly.
- De-mould the loaf from the tin and brush the bread loaf with a little olive oil and keep aside to cool completely.
- Once the bread loaf has cooled completely, cut it into 13 mm. (½“) bread slices.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per slice
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.