Sundal Kulambu By Anikar05
This recipe has been viewed 4989 times
Sundal is a traditional tamil recipe of preparing beans or lentils in a spicy coconut based curry. Serve the kulumbu with appam or rice .
Add your private note
Sundal Kulambu By Anikar05 recipe - How to make Sundal Kulambu By Anikar05
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1. Sundal kadalai - 1tumbler
2. Turmeric powder- 1/4 spoon
3. Chilli powder - 1 spoon.
4. Puli paste - 2 spoon (or)
small lemon size puli
5. Onion - 1 (sliced)
6. Tomato - 1 (sliced)
7. Salt - 2 teaspoon.
8. Coconut paste - 2 spoon
- 1. put the sundal in the water the previous day itself (approx for 8 hrs in water)
- 2. cooker'ill add 2 tumbler water.
- 3. after it gets boiled, put the sundal in it.
- 4. close the cooker
- 5. after 2 whistles put off the stove.
- 6. don't open the cooker immediately.
- 7. u open the cooker only after 5mts, if there is no water then u add 1 tumbler water to it.
- 8. then to it add chilli powder, turmeric powder, puli, onion, tomato, salt &
- 9.close the cooker
- 10. allow it to boil for 5mts
- 11. remove cooker from stove.
- 12. then keep the kadai in the stove.
- 13. put 2 spoon oil in it.
- 14. after it gets heated add kaduku, karivepillai.
- 15. after that add this to the kulambu in the cooker.
This recipe was contributed by Anikar05 on 08 Jun 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.