Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 7031 times
Instead of urad dal, use channa dal and instead of coriander leaves use tender fenugreek leaves or dill leaves.
- Clean, wash, soak dal for 15 minutes.
- Boil in 5 cups water, adding turmeric and salt.
- Either pressure cook or boil till just soft.
- Drain water.
- Heat ghee in a heavy saucepan.
- Add all spices, broken coarsely, and cumin seeds.
- Allow to splutter, add onions. stirfry till light brown.
- Add dal, lemon juice, masalas. stir gently.
- Take care not to mash up dal too much.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot with rice and kadhi, or paratha and a gravy vegetable.
This recipe was contributed by vinodsharma on 23 Jan 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.