Sukhi Chana Dal
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 23450 times
Sukhi chana dal is a dry lentil preparation with kabuli chana or chickpeas cooked with onions, tomatoes, chillies and Indian spice powders. Enjoy this sensational and delicious sookha chana with Paratha or puri.
- Clean, wash, soak dal for 15 minutes.
- Boil in 5 cups water, adding turmeric and salt.
- Either pressure cook or boil till just soft.
- Drain water.
- Heat ghee in a heavy saucepan.
- Add all spices, broken coarsely, and cumin seeds.
- Allow to splutter, add onions. Stirfry till light brown.
- Add dal, lemon juice, masalas and fenugreek leaves. Stir gently.
- Take care not to mash up dal too much.
- Serve hot with rice and kadhi, or paratha and a gravy vegetable.
This recipe was contributed by vinodsharma on 15 Jul 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.