This recipe has been viewed 8526 times
Sukhe chole is sure to bring forth the authentic Punjabi dry or Sukhe chole( chickpeas) masala dish to your table. The easy to prepare lip smacking Sukhe chole recipe is rich in spices and taste. Serve with raw onions and pickles for a typical Punjabi fare.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add bay leaf, onion and stir fry until brown in colour.
- Add the the ginger garlic & cook for some time, then add the turmeric, cumin, coriander & chili.
- Now put the tomatoes and salt, cover and cook over low heat or until the tomatoes become soft.
- Keep stirring to prevent sticking and add a little water if necessary.
- Add cooked chick peas & cook for 5 some more time.
- Take off from the heat and keep aside.
- Serve hot with puris or luchi.
This recipe was contributed by sgambhir on 07 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.