Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27502 times
Suji Pancake is prepared by mixing together suji or semolina, curd, salt and fruit salt and then spreading this mixture on non stick pan. Enjoy the instant suji pancakes made thin and crisp with ketchup or chutney of choice.
- Combine all the veggies,mix salt and keep aside.
- Take suji and curd in a bowl,add salt and fruit salt(eno),mix well to from a dough..add a little water if required.
- Keep this dough aside for 5 min,allow it to ferment.
- Heat oil in a pan and spread the oil evenly,so as to grease the whole pan.
- Make small balls out of the dough and flatten these balls with both the palm...it should be around 2 inch thick in size and small in size (that of a biscuit)
- Place these pan cakes(2-3 at a time) in the pan,on the upper side palce 1 full tsp of the veggie and press it slightly with the spatula.
- Turn the sides of the pan cake till nicely done(golden in colour).
- Remove it on a paper towl,add grated cheese on top of it.
- Wrap it in an aluminium foil and pack it in yours kids tiffin along with potato waffers.
This recipe was contributed by bajajdeepa on 16 Nov 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.